James Hamilton & Co. (Lurgan) Ltd. was started by James Hamilton back in the 1920’s, selling wrapping papers and twine mostly to the local Lurgan and Portadown linen industry.
When the linen industry went into decline during the 1960’s, the company went into commercial printing and general food packaging.
A natural progression from printing was to add office stationery supplies. Craigavon Office Supplies was set in 1973, trading from the High Street in Lurgan. Sister company JH Office Supplies was established in Ballymoney in the 1980’s.
In 1982 Hy-Pro (formerly Industrial Disposable Wipes) was established to supply industrial hygiene and protective wear products.
In 1991 J H Bearings was formed supplying bearings, belts, chains, pulleys, sprockets and oil seals.
The company is still privately owned by the Hamilton family, now in its third generation.
In 2002 all companies (except J H Office Supplies – located in Ballymoney) moved into large new purpose built premises in Lurgan, enabling the group to share resources and operate more efficiently.
In 2008 J H Label Solution was established to supply the market with a wide range of both plain and printed labels.